Dear Coombs and Ross Family Dentistry family,
We hope this letter finds you all in good health. Our community has been through a lot over the last few months, and all of us are looking forward to resuming our normal habits and routines. While many things have changed, one thing has remained the same: our commitment to your safety.
Infection control has always been a top priority for our practice and you may have seen this during your visits to our office. Our infection control processes are made so that when you receive care, it’s both safe and comfortable. We want you to be informed about the infection control procedures we follow in our practice to keep patients and staff safe.
Our office follows infection control recommendations made by the American Dental Association (ADA), the U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) and the Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA). We follow the activities of these agencies so that we are up-to-date on any new rulings or guidelines that may be issued. We do this to make sure our infection control procedures are current and adhere to each agencies’ recommendations.
You may see some changes when it is time for your next appointment. We made these changes to help protect not only our patients, but our staff as well. For example:
- Our office will communicate with you before your appointment to ask some screening questions. You’ll be asked those same questions again when you arrive at the office.
- We have hand sanitizer for you to use when you enter the office. You will also find sanitizer in the reception area and other places in the office for your use.
- You will see that our waiting area no longer offers magazines or children’s toys, since those items are difficult to clean and disinfect.
- Appointments will be managed to allow for social distancing between patients. That may mean that you’re offered fewer options for scheduling your appointment.
- We will do our best to allow greater time between patients in order to reduce waiting times, as well as reduce the number of patients in our reception area at any one time.
We look forward to seeing you again and are happy to answer any questions you may have about the steps we take to keep you, and every patient, safe in our practice. To make an appointment, please call our office at (803) 324-5301 or visit our website at www.crsmile.com.
Thank you for being our patient. We value your trust and loyalty and look forward to welcoming you back to our office!. Sincerely,
Dr. Coombs, Dr. Ross, and team