Veneers – Rock Hill, SC
Give Your Smile a Fresh Start
Are your teeth riddled with minor imperfections, like chips or stains? Do you not even know where to start improving their appearance? Do you ever wish you could just give your smile a fresh start? Luckily, porcelain veneers in Rock Hill, SC allow you to do just that. These custom restorations are placed over the fronts of your problem teeth to give them an effortlessly perfect and natural appearance. If you’re ready to completely transform your smile with veneers, then just give us a call today!
What Are Porcelain Veneers?
Veneers are thin sheaths of durable dental porcelain that are bonded to the front surfaces of your teeth to mask virtually any aesthetic flaws. You may be a good candidate for veneers if you have:
- Chipped or cracked teeth
- Small gaps between your teeth
- Severely stained teeth that don’t respond well to whitening treatment
- Misshapen or worn-down teeth
- Slightly crooked teeth
The Porcelain Veneers Process
More often than not, getting veneers takes two appointments. During your first visit, we’ll prepare your teeth by removing the tiniest sliver of enamel, or the outermost layer of your teeth. Because enamel does not grow back, veneers are considered a permanent treatment, so make sure that they are really what you want before going through with the treatment.
After we prepare your teeth, we’ll take impressions and send those to our dental lab, where a skilled team of ceramists will craft your restorations. In the meantime, we’ll protect your teeth by placing temporaries, which will be removed and replaced with your permanent veneers when they arrive at our dental office a few weeks later.
Benefits of Porcelain Veneers
Porcelain veneers offer many benefits over other cosmetic treatments, including:
- They are more highly resistant to staining than your natural tooth enamel. You can enjoy coffee, tea, and berries to your heart’s content!
- Veneers can correct virtually any aesthetic flaw you might have in your pearly whites in just one treatment.
- Gum tissue tolerates porcelain well and shouldn’t cause irritation.
- Dental porcelain is often more resistant to chips and cracks than enamel is.
- As long as you take care of your veneers with regular brushing, flossing, and checkups with your cosmetic dentist in Rock Hill, your veneers can last for up to a decade or even longer!